Your cart is currently empty!
REGULATION 17: Of the Education Committee for Anglican Schools
- The Committee shall report to the Annual Session of the Synod on its work during the preceding year.
- No Church School shall be opened or built or closed or its status altered unless the approval of the Council has been sought and obtained through the Committee.
- It shall be the duty of the Committee to see that the Religious Instruction given in all Church Schools is of a proper standard.
- (a) It shall be the duty of the Committee to encourage or require teachers in Church Schools to qualify to give Religious Instruction.
(b) The Diocesan Council on the advice of the Committee shall appoint qualified persons to perform duties of Inspectors of Schools in Religious Knowledge.
- All possible assistance shall be given in suggesting and providing forms of Prayers for use in schools and a Syllabus of Religious Instruction.
- Normally only members of the Church shall be appointed to the Staff of Church Schools.
- It shall be the duty of the Committee to assist and advise the Incumbent in improving Sunday Schools and other means of training their people, young and adult, in the faith and worship of the Church.
- Matters within the jurisdiction of the Education Act are dealt with by the Anglican Board of Management which is a Statutory Board.