The Incorporated Trustees of The Anglican Church
in The Diocese of Trinidad and Tobago
DIOCESAN OFFICE: 2 HAYES STREET, PORT OF SPAIN TRINIDAD, WI.
TELEPHONES: (868) 622-2863, 622-7704, FAX: (868) 628-1319
JOB TITLE: Driver / Messenger
REPORTS TO: Diocesan Secretary
CLASSIFICATION: General Staff
WORKING HOURS: The regular working hours are 9:00 am – 4:30 pm but could be modified to address the requirements of the job
To Collect, Transport, Deliver Documents, Packages, Equipment and other items as required by the Diocesan Office in the execution of its day-to-day functions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Drive office vehicle to convey authorized personnel, including The Bishop.
- (a) Deliver and or collect mail, cheques, documents, packages, refreshments,
(b) Make runs to and from the post office, churches and church offices, commercial banks, other financial institutions, Government Offices, private companies and any other locations as directed by the Diocesan Secretary or his/her agent.
- Transact business at various government agencies and financial institutions as requested by the Diocesan Secretary.
- Move Office Equipment and Office Furniture in the Diocesan Office or to and from external firms or offices as required.
- Transport staff to and from various destinations in line with work requirements (e.g., the Accounting Staff to the bank as and when required; staff to the grocery /pharmacy).
- Make daily checks to ensure the office vehicle is in a road worthy condition by monitoring oil and water in the engine, gas in the tank, water in the windshield washer unit; air pressure and thread wear in
the tyres, and proper functioning of the lighting and braking systems.
- Bring scheduled service appointments and /or vehicle malfunctions to the attention of the Diocesan Secretary or his / her appointed agent to facilitate timely action.
- Keep the vehicle clean at all times.
- Obey all laws and regulations of Trinidad and Tobago especially those specific to road and safety.
- 10.. Perform other related duties as may be required.
Qualification & Experience
School Learning Certificates
Valid Driver’s Permit
Must be at least 25 years of age
Minimum of 2 years driving experience with an unblemished record
Knowledge of defensive driving techniques
Sound knowledge of the country and routes
Required Competencies (required behaviors for successful completion of the work):
Ability to understand and follow written or oral instructions
Ability to treat with all clients in a polite and courteous manner
Ability to work cooperatively as a contributing member of a work team
Ability to maintain a clean and neat appearance
Ability to apply judgement to ensure timely and successful completion of assigned tasks
Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Applications should be submitted to:
Diocesan Secretary, #2 Hayes Street, St. Clair
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than March 3, 2022